Published in the June 2019 issue of “Die Porsche Kassette”
Ⓒ2019 Technolab / PedrosGarage.com
For more information, please visit my website: www PedrosGarage.com.
Twenty years it’s been since my family and I moved to South Florida (Weston) from the Midwest (St. Louis). Our 3 kids were still in school. Two in college, one in high school.
Today, Mary and I have five (5) grandchildren from those three kids, and hundreds of friends, mostly through PCA and the Gold Coast and Suncoast Florida Regions.
I arrived as a young(er) man in my 40s. Now, as senior citizens, we’ve decided to start our next adventure in the PCA Suncoast Florida Region (Tampa Area), Odessa to be exact.
By the time you read this article, we will have relocated and I am madly scrambling to set up my shop (PedrosGarage) once again in a new PCA Region.
But this is not really a goodbye. I will still be very active in PCA activities:
• As a National Scrutineer for PCA Club Racing you can catch me at 5 or 6 races every year throughout the country.
• As one of the Tech Co-Chairs of the 48 Hours at Sebring Club Race, you can catch me under the “circus tent” the week after The Rolex 24.
• As a Technical Article writer, you can catch me at 20 - 30 different PCA Regional Newsletters every month.
• As the Boxster/Cayman Resident Expert for the PCA Technical Committee, you can catch me answering your questions on PCA.org, on Panorama, at Tech Tactics East and Tech Tactics West and this year also at Porsche Parade (Boca Raton, FL).
• As a Porsche enthusiast, you can catch me on my phone or through e-mail, both posted on PedrosGarage.com.
It’s been a great 20 years at Gold Coast Region. I have truly enjoyed maintaining, fixing, upgrading and restoring so many of your “babies” which you entrusted to me and getting to know each and every one of my customers as my friends. You are all welcome to take the scenic route to my new location whenever you want (a few already have booked!).
Now we look forward to a new life on the West Coast of our beloved State of Florida.
I can’t wait to repeat the experience with Suncoast Region where we already have so many long-time friends as well and so many new ones to make.
See you soon!